In-person Summer Workshop 2023: Week 6
Connect with native flora and fauna
Learn about plants (flora) and animals (fauna) native to the Sonoran Desert through a number of interactive projects at the Living Lab and Learning Center.
Here is the detailed schedule for this week:
Monday, 17 July: Plants and animals of the Sonoran Desert
- Learn about the plants and animals native to the Sonoran Desert
- Tour the Living Lab to see how we support plants and animals using local water resources
- Investigate the role plants and animals play in our watershed
Tuesday, 18 July: Phenology - the life cycle of plants
- Learn about phenology (the life cycle of plants)
- Monitor the phenology of plants at the Living Lab using Nature's Notebook
- Use augmented reality and mapping tools to map plants at the Living Lab
Wednesday, 19 July: Beavers!
- What do beavers do for us?
- Beaver reintroduction and surveys
- Make a survey monitor using micro:bits
Thursday, 20 July: Bats and wildlife
- Which bats can we see in the Sonoran Desert?
- How can we help create habitat for bats?
- Experiment with wildlife cameras
Friday, 21 July: Flora and Fauna game day
- Play a game that teaches about flora and fauna in the Sonoran Desert
- Make a game that teaches about flora and fauna in the Sonoran Desert
Sign up at the CoderDojo Community page.
Back to the Summer Worskhop 2023 page.
CoderDojo Tucson is a dojo of the CoderDojo Foundation, which is part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.